If for any reason you are unsure, do not attempt.
1. Read your owner’s manual to see the manufacturer’s rules on how to jump start your car if you can;
2. Make sure the two vehicles are not touching;
3. Turn ignition key in both cars to (off) position;
4. Put on eye protection;
5. Identify terminals: Red = Positive (+) and Black = Negative (-);
6. Lay cables on ground making sure red and blue do not touch;
7. Connect Red (positive) cable to the (positive) terminal on dead car;
8. Connect other positive cable to live car battery (Do not connect the other side to Dead Car!!);
9. Connect one end black (negative) cable to live car battery (Do not connect the other side to dead car!!);
10. Start live car;
11. Start stalled car. If does not crank try again in a few minutes; If it still does not work check connections;
12. Disconnect Black on bad car; Black on live car and Red on live and Red on bad car.