How Often: Every time you fill up gas
What Do You Need: A Rag Or Paper Towel (and maybe your car manual)
- Car is in park and on level ground
- Engine is not hot so you don’t burn yourself
- Find the dipstick (check your manual if you aren’t sure)
- Pull it all the way out and wipe off all the oil with your paper towel or rag
- Insert it all the way back in
- Pull the dipstick all the way back out and check the oil level. If there is not an L and H (Low and High) or a Min and Max then check your manual.
- Only add a quart of oil if the oil is at the Min or L or below. If it is anywhere between the two marks then you are fine
If you have any suggestions for new topics please leave a comment.